The Just Kids values define the behaviour needed to drive the Just Kids Way.
- Be accountable and comply with the Just Kids Way, policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Be dependable and responsible for your own behaviour and actions.
- Understand the purpose and relevance of programming.
- Establish a safe and secure environment for trust to flourish.
- Seek advice and/or authorisations before undertaking any action or activity of which you are
- Have the courage to respond and adapt to change.
- Express opinions and ideas to contribute to challenges, creativity and change.
- Learn to invent, ideate and create to solve problems.
- Be adaptable and innovative and able to pivot when required.
- Engage in brave conversations speaking your truth with emotional maturity.
- Be consistently ‘can do’ and focus on achieving professional milestones.
- Take professional risks and be adventurous in your thinking.
- Celebrate achievements. Be ok with awesome.
- Stay current and progressive in your learning, skills, talent and experience.
- Love your strengths and talents and share them with others.
- Build genuine relationships & interpersonal connections with children, parents and staff.
- Be an active part of the early learning network.
- Treat people fairly and with respect.
- Work in a socially inclusive team committed to collaborative practice.
- Be open to diversity and socially inclusive of differences.
- Adopt a curious mindset, always looking to learn and grow.
- Use objective data and professional inquiry to measure your professional performance.
- Embrace reflective practice and embed it in all that you do.
- Continuously improve your professional practice.
- Aim for excellence in your knowledge, skills and attributes.
- Look ahead with optimism when you have a tough day.
- Create hope for a better tomorrow when others are challenged.
- Work collaboratively with others to shape the learners of tomorrow.
- Act with JK Confidence: i.e. have the resolve, courage, willpower, self-love, insight and optimism to believe in oneself to take risks, make mistakes, learn from them and grow.